Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe flash won't load after Antivirus8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peechee

Technical User
Dec 11, 2004
US
Not sure if I'm in the right place - but hope you can help or direct me to the right place.

Yesterday I got infected with Antivirus8. I was able to remove it with Malwarebytes. I ran Malwarebytes again and it said no problems. After, I ran the Microsoft malicious removal tool and it said no infection. I ran Eset Online and it said no infection. Since this infection, Adobe flash has not worked on internet explorer 8. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it multiple times. It shows that its being installed, but then all websites that I visit that use flash say it needs to be installed. When I go to IE - tools/manage add ons - it does not show the flash player. When I go to Win explorer and look in the adobe files, it does not show the flash player. When I go to Control Panel and look at programs to be uninstalled - IT IS listed there.

I also downloaded the flash plug-in for firefox. That one works! But I hate firefox and want to be able to use IE.

I have Window 7 Home Pro, 64 bit. However, I use the IE8 32 bit version.

Help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated as I use this computer for work, and I'm getting into my busy season. And yes - I use an antivirus program (AVG 9.0), update the virus definitions daily, and scan daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back