Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Flash Player - problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardhowell

Instructor
Oct 31, 2002
GB
I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Flash player, (having first uninstalled the software). The reason I did this was that on the BBC website I couldn't pay any video. A message came up which said I needed to install Flash. It gave a link which I followed, and the procedure to install appeared to finish successfully. I've repeated this two or three times. This was the plugin, not Active X version (My browser is Chrome). Anyway - it's had no effect, and I still get this message asking me to install Flash. Any suggestions?

When I run the following link in Chrome (also see what you get in IE),

I get the following:

You have version 11,9,900,117 installed (which equals latest version).

If flash is not present, it should offer to install it.

[highlight #EF2929]NOTE:[/highlight] Each browser updates separately. So an update to IE (often the default update for such tools as SECUNIA) does not result in an update to your other browsers.

Vince
ASAP Member (VopThis) - Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

Thanks Vop. I had the correct version installed, but a little bit more investigation in Chrome told me that Flash player plugin had been (inadvertently?) disabled! So enabling it solved the problem. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back