Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXRsig

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2003
US
I've installed Abobe Acrobat as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader on my citrix servers. Now it appears that all users have the ability to use the full version of Acrobat. Is there anyway to restrict which users can and cannot use the full version?

I thought about setting file permissions on the acrobat.exe but I would rather have a way of not giving them the option to use it.

Thanks in advance

Publish the application and remove the shortcut from the All Users profile :)

Right, but will this prevent them from being able to "print to acrobat" in applications like word or excel?

I have Acrobat on my server as well. I just set the security on the Adobe printers.

Open up the printers windows. Go to the printer(s) that it creates (Adobe PDF writer, Distiller, etc) and open up the propeties window. Go to security and completely remove the users or everyone group. Then specify only the people/groups that you want to see and use the printer. If a user is not listed then the PDF printer should not even show up for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back