Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Acrobat Fillable Form with Checkbox and Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahSCPDAdmin

Technical User
Aug 10, 2023
US
Hi All!

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to create a fillable form in Adobe using check boxes and ONLY ADDING VALUE if the checkbox is checked.

I have a POINTS column which states the value of each row - anywhere between 1 and 10 points
I have a FACTS column which states the criteria that needs met
If the FACTS column is met then a checkmark is placed in the checkbox in the CHECKBOX column
The final column is SCORE which I would like to pull the value from the POINTS column over IF the checkbox is checked in that column. If the checkbox is not checked then the value doesn't need to pull to the SCORE column, or it could pull a 0.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks so much!

Sarah

This forum is barely trafficked. You will probably get better feedback on Adobe's user forums.

As a general tip, it is best to avoid PDF forms for data collection. Most people really want web-based forms, even if they don't realize it yet. A web based form can better manage data and may even be able to export to PDF.

Thank you for the response. I ended up just building the form in Excel and was able to accomplish everything I needed to.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back