Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Acrobat- Attaching a file as a comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1127

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
US
Please help!

I've attached a .pdf file (attachment file) to another .pdf file (source file) using the "attach a file as a comment" tool on Acrobat 9.0.

However, the problem is that I've updated the original attachment file by accessing it through the source file and saved it under a different name (updated attachment file).

I noticed when I clicked on the icon on the source file that the attachment file content is different from the content of the updated attachment file. In other words, the attachment on the source file was not synced with updated attachment file that had the changes on it.

Seeing this, I tried to find the original attachment file to update that directly. However, when I look at the properties of the original attachment file, the path leads only to the file where the source file is found.

Is there any way of accessing this original attachment file or having the changes synced when I make changes to the file that I originally attached?

Also, does the new Acrobat X have functions that would solve my problem with the "attach a file as a comment" tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back