Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe 6.0 & sony HCR-HC 36 won't talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyswife

Technical User
Jan 7, 2007
US
I have adobe premiere 6.0. I am having trouble downloading video and uploading video to the sony hc 36. It doesn't want to work with the device control or even manually.The fire wire works with the Sony Trv 320 which is on the adobe choice list. the hc 36 is not.

Are you connecting to the HC36 with FireWire or USB?

Have you tried other devices in the Premiere list to see if one of those will work?

Have to tried the camera with Windows Movie Maker or another capture program? If not, try Scenalyzer Live free trial download from and see if that can talk to the camera.

Have you access to another computer with FireWire to see if that recognises the HC36? Might be that there is a fault?

I am using windows xp, adobe 6.0, a sony DCR-HC36 it has fire wire and USB. I have been able to get the USB to work with the program that came with the handycam but that program is not something that really does what I want, the video quality is so poor.I have called adobe and they say my program is too old they can do nothing for me. I have been told I need a driver, if that is so where do I find it?
Thanks

As I already suggested, it would be worth trying Scenalyzer Live (free to test) to see if that can access your camera through the FireWire.

Neither Scenalyzer nor Premiere can read video via USB.

If you are still using Premiere 6, if you haven't already done so, you should upgrade to at least 6.01, or possibly 6.02 for XP (although my 6.01 works just fine with XP). Free downloads from Adobe via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back