Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO vs CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntjr

Programmer
Jun 12, 2000
US
This really has me puzzled...

I have the following SQL statement:
Code:
SELECT DateAdded, Folder, Filename, FolderID FROM MasterKey WHERE MasterKey=6301;

I am using ADO and the following connection string:
Code:
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Extended Properties="DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};DESC=;DATABASE=IE26Conv;SERVER=PHILH;UID=root;PASSWORD=;PORT=3306;OPTION=131072;STMT=;"

(Yes I know I'm going through OLE DB for ODBC instead of the native OLE DB provider).

Using ADO, the above very simple SELECT statement returns zero records, but if I open an SQL window in CC (on Windows XP) and execute the exact statement above, it returns the one record it is supposed to.

The rest of the application, with its SELECTs, INSERTs, DELETEs, UPDATEs works. Any ideas???

Phil Hunt
philh@dqc.com

sleipnir214,

MasterKey is of data type int. Funny thing is, I dropped the database and recreated it, and it now seems to work??? Bizarre...

Thanks for your input. I still can't explain what happened...

Phil Hunt
philh@dqc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back