Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO+ Updating Questions Via ASP.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinl

Programmer
Mar 19, 2001
US
Hello all,
I'm relatively new to the ASP.NET world. I've been doing ASP 3.0 forquite some time now, and I'm trying to move over to the .net framework.

Basically I have some data in a SQL Server 7.0 database that I need to access on a page. I know how to get the data into the page, and display it in textboxes and so forth. But when the user clicks the button 'update', where do I go from there. Classic ASP would have it go to another page, but in .NET its all off the VIEWSTATE. Sooo... how do I connect to that database and now do an update on teh data?

Do I have to use another page like classic ASP? Of if I'm to use the same .aspx file to update my database records, how do i do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx;

kinl

Hey Kinl,

What you'd do is in the update button's click event, create a db connection like you did to fill the form, and execute an update or insert sql statement. You don't need another page at all.
:)

Jack

With ASP.NET you now can code through events, on the same page. Some of these events will postback to the server, but it will oad only the new contents of the web control, and so on.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back