Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO Recordsets and Datasheet View

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyB

Programmer
May 11, 2001
GB
I am using an ADO recordset (Select * from <<table>>) as the form.recordset value. The form is displaying in datasheet view.

I need to be able to update and add new records but when selecting anything I am getting the message that the recordset is not updateable.

I have checked that
Allow Edits/Additions = true
Recordset Type = dynaset inconsistent

I want to be able to do it this way as the client needs to be able to roll back all changes made to the recordset if neccessary, and I wanted to use conn.begintrans/committrans/rollbacktrans.

Any help would be much appreciated as its a long time since I've used MSAccess. Also using an mdb and vaguely remember reading somewhere that ADO recordsets are read only in mdbs - is this true????

FWIW: My experience with attaching a form to a recordset via ADO led me to conclude that it just isn't quite ready for prime time. You ought to see the hash it makes of Hyperlink data types. I posted the problem to MS's site: no response as yet.

I am finding that my results are far more predictable if I make a temporary query or table in the client, then work on that.

Or did I misunderstand completely?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back