Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO Parameters and OracleType Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyDragon

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
I am experiencing problems using ADO to run my Oracle function within a C# program. I am able to run the function just fine in oracle, but when running it via ADO, I consistently get the following msg:

Error MSG:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 18:\nPLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'POP_MO_ACCR'\n
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:\nPL/SQL: Statement ignored\n

I do not know whether it is because I have incorrectly set the parameters or not - this function was working fine prior to the addition of the "percentage" parameter. I have verified that all the passed parameters actually have values and appear to be the correct type.

I'm going a bit nuts on this! I've looked through the forums, but wasn't able to find a specific enough issue that helped me, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me on this.

Thanks a bunch in advance! :)
Juls

PS - I've tried this with and without the p_edate parameter which has a default of NULL in the PLSQL function. Same error either way.
Code:
//Call from aspx.cs page:
//declarations
string edt = "1/31/2004";
DateTime x = Convert.ToDateTime(edt);
string node_id="274";
string scenarioName="My Scenario";
int pct = 50;
//call
ans.RecalculateAccrual(x,node_id,scenarioName.ToUpper(), pct);

//C# Function using ADO:

public void RecalculateAccrual(DateTime beginning_date, string node_id, string scenario_name, int percentage)
		{
			OracleConnection sqlcon = null;
			try
			{
				sqlcon = new OracleConnection(m_connectionString);
				sqlcon.Open();
				OracleCommand cnCommand = new OracleCommand();
				cnCommand.Connection = sqlcon;
				cnCommand.CommandText ="ves.ves_monthly.POP_MO_ACCR";
				cnCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

OracleParameter[] parms = 
				{
					new OracleParameter("P_BDATE",OracleType.DateTime),
					new OracleParameter("P_NODE_ID",OracleType.VarChar,15),
					new OracleParameter("P_SNAME",OracleType.VarChar,30),
					new OracleParameter("P_PCT",OracleType.Number),
					new OracleParameter("retVal",OracleType.VarChar,255)
				};

parms[0].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;
				parms[0].Value = beginning_date;
				parms[1].Direction=ParameterDirection.Input; 
				parms[1].Value = node_id;
				parms[2].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;
				parms[2].Value = scenario_name;
				parms[3].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;
				parms[3].Value = percentage;
				parms[4].Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;

cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[0]);
				cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[1]);
				cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[2]);
				cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[3]);
				cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[4]);

cnCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

//PL/SQL Function 
FUNCTION pop_mo_accr (p_bdate DATE, p_node_id VARCHAR2
                      , p_sname VARCHAR2 			 ,p_accr_adj_pct NUMBER DEFAULT 100.00
, p_edate DATE DEFAULT NULL
) RETURN VARCHAR2

You have 6 parameters in you SQL counting the return VARCHAR2, It looks like you forget to add the parm for p_edate,
hth
Marty

Actually, I'm modifying already existing code where the p_edate was not declared. The p_edate is defaulted in Oracle, so it should be ok not having a parameter passed to it (it was OK prior to my tinkering with it). I've tried adding the following:

Code:
new OracleParameter("P_EDATE",OracleType.DateTime),
and
Code:
parms[4].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;
parms[4].Value = System.DBNull.Value;

but I get the same error with or without the p_edate declared. The only change I've made is the addition of the percentage field which was also added in Oracle.

Thanks,
Juls

I've commented out the percentage parameter and it executes fine - the percentage parameter has a default set up as 100. I want to be able to pass something other than that, however, which is where the problem arises.

This runs fine with only 4 parameters set and calculates using the default date and pct set in the Oracle Proc:
Code:
parms[0].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;
parms[0].Value = beginning_date;
parms[1].Direction=ParameterDirection.Input; 
parms[1].Value = node_id;
parms[2].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;
parms[2].Value = scenario_name;
parms[3].Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;

cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[0]);
cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[1]);
cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[2]);
cnCommand.Parameters.Add(parms[3]);

I think I'm not setting the percentage field correctly. It is a NUMBER in Oracle and declared as an int in C#. Is there another required Parameter setting I need to use?

Thanks!
Juls

After beating my head against the wall more than a few times and wasting a couple of hours, I realized I put P_PCT in the ADO function instead of p_accr_adj_pct which is the Oracle variable name.

***DOH!!!!***

Thanks all!

DragonLady,
I am glad you found it.
Here is how I populate my parms. It is less typing and no indices to keep track of. All info for a parm is on one line. It might help spot typos easier. No direction is needed for input, and I have never had to declare the length.
Code:
		OracleCommand myCommand = new OracleCommand("PKG_OMHCBR.DBF_GetPropertyWorkSheetReport",myConnection);
		myCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
		myCommand.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("a_i_YearNo", OracleType.Number)).Value = 2003;
		myCommand.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("a_s_YearType", OracleType.Char)).Value = "LFYD";
		myCommand.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("a_s_Provider", OracleType.Char)).Value = "19340";
		myCommand.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("a_s_OMHCountyCode", OracleType.Char)).Value = "31";
		myCommand.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("r_o_ReturnCursor", OracleType.Cursor)).Direction = ParameterDirection.Output;
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back