Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ado dll entry point error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnCoutts

Programmer
Jul 4, 2006
CA
I am using BCB6 and I have installed the MSADO component (6.0) into the package dclusr, compiled it, and installed it. Everything was fine when i placed the TAdodc component on my form, and everything compiled fine. As soon as I went to run my program, i recieved the error:

"The procedure entry point @$xp$21Msadodclib_tlb@TAdodc could not be located in dll dclusr60.bpl"

i have already spent several hours trying to fix this, and searching for the right answer. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Is there some other way I can access my DB if i dont use ADO?
BTW, i am using BCB6 personal w/ update 4

I must admit, I've never seen this error and I use ADO. As far as using something else, have you looked at CORBA?

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

I actually realized that the personal edition doesnt include any of the components that I need... grr...

so i tried using visual studio, but realized that ADO is kind of complicated there, so i ported the code into VB6 and have pretty much got it figured.
Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back