Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ado datasets and adoconnections

Status
Not open for further replies.

delfy

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
JM
how can i execute two queries using an adocommand that returns seperate recordsets and store the two recordsets returned into a adodataset and disconnect from the database while still having access to these two recordsets being able to switch between each at runtime after disconnecting from database? Is such a thing possible and how would i acheive this

i am using delphi 6 and mssql server 2000

i need to use adoconnection,adodataset and/or adocommand i need to execute two selects that return diffrent record sets

adocommand ??
Why not to use two AdoQueries??

well it really doesn't matter which of the two i just need to know how to pass the two recordset to a adodataset and then access each of these recordsets. However i thought that adoqueries and adostroreprocs only exist for those who use to use the bde and wanted to convert to ado components?

Stored procedures exist on the Server (that is why they are called stored). They are embedded in the Database. You can execute them also using an SQL application.
Using queries is the universal way to retrieve and store data from RDBMS like SQL-Server, Oracle, Interbase, etc..

All these things can be done (also) with the SQL Query Analyzer no BDE involved

SQL-server is not Access, Paradox or DBase which are entirely different animals.

Steven

And all things can be done with an Adocommand it can be used to execute a stored procedure or query which ever you choose. you don't have to use the actual query components because the adocommand can execute a query or stored procedure on any database. I just need some info about executing more than one query in my adocommand and putting the recordsets returned into an adodataset and how to access these recordsets? thats all i need to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back