Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO Data Control does return data

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpped

MIS
Jan 19, 2000
US
I am using the ADO Data Control connecting to a SQL Server 7.0 database. I have a datalist control to display a field. I am connecting using ODBC. On the computer where VB 6 is installed, it works fine. When I set it up on another pc it does not work. The app. is logging in to SQL Server, but it is not executing the query. The data control is greyed out and no data is visible. It does not give any errors anywhere. I figure I am missing something somewhere, but where? Help!!

Thanks

Vinnyf,
Make sure your ODBC is set up as a system DSN and not a user DSN. Then post the connection and sql string code here if that doesn't work.

Ray

My ODBC connection is a system DSN. Here is the connect string and SQL:

Adodc2.ConnectionString "DSN=OrderIno;UID=Orders;PWD=Orders"

Adodc2.RecordSource = "select distinct salesorder from OrderTable"

Well your problems is related to server communication. would you mind telling me a bit detail of you access method. that will help me in helping you better..

regards
rkp

I fixed it! There was a dll missing. Stupid mistake!! Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back