Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO Connecting to SyBase

Status
Not open for further replies.

blweb

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I am developing a program that connects to Sybase. Is there a certain driver that I need to allos the connection?

My ODBC connection tells me there is no default driver.

g_sConnStg = "DRIVER={SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver};DB=master;UID=sa;PWD=;NetworkAddress=BWSYB,5000;"

Set PROJ_DB = New ADODB.Connection
With PROJ_DB
.ConnectionString = g_sConnStg
.Open
End With

My OLE DB connection gives me either a 3706 Provider error or '-2147467259 (80004005)': Unspecified error.

g_sConnStg = "Provider=Sybase.ASEOLEDBProvider;" _
& "Server Name=67.66.242.159,5000;" _
& "User Id=sa;" _
& "Password=;"

Set PROJ_DB = New ADODB.Connection
With PROJ_DB
.ConnectionString = g_sConnStg
.Open
End With

Is there a microsoft driver that can allow me to connect to Sybase?

Brian

Swi,

Thanks for the response.

I modeled the connection strings above from giving me the results above. I found it as a great resource, but no luck. As for it says that I need to create an .IDS file. Only problem is that it doesn't give any directions on how to do so and the link they give for the directions goes to another page that says the exact same thing with a broken link to Sybase.

My question is if there is a Microsoft Driver I can use as a work around to get a connection into a Sybase database.
I feel it would be most benefitial to be able to travel that routh if possible.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back