Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO can't open table

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstrenio

Programmer
Oct 6, 2002
US
Hello forum,
I am making a simple Flex application that saves the values in tables APTRXFIL_SQL and APTRXDIS_SQL to an ACCESS database before these tables are deleted when the AP distributions are posted and report printed. I retrieve the values using ADO. I can get the APTRXFIL_SQL values OK, but I get an error when trying to open a recordset against the APTRXDIS_SQL table. I also get the error when I try using ERSrecordsets in Flexibility. I can open the table and get values using Crystal reports; also I can open the table into ACCESS using ODBC (using the same ODBC connection that I use for ADO). When I try to open the table into EXCEL using ADO I get the same error that I get in Flexibility. Other tables open OK. I also get the same error when I try to open a copy of the table off the network on my development machine. We are using Pervasive SQL. Any ideas? Thanks
George

George,

I am not a programmer so I cannot help you with this, but I wanted to make sure you are aware that these records are not totally deleted, just moved to another table, namely the APDISFIL (for distributions) and the APOPNFIL (for the transactions themselves). As a result you are probably going thru a lot of unneeded work to create the access table.

Chadt, abaldwin and vbajock are the programmers I know in here. I am sure one of them can help you with the ADO question.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

There is a reg. hack to get ADO to work in Flex.....actually I think its more of a license thing.....but if you post your email I can email you the reg. hack.

I'd be interested in the ADO reg hack also. Thanks.

kbieber@meritec.com

Thanks Chad. My E-mail is nabla@erie.net. But why does ADO work with APTRXFIL but not with APTRXDIS?

I don't know for sure....I have never had the problem with this before.

I would try the hack to see if that does anything first.

I just sent it.

Let me know how it goes.

Have not had this problem in the past.
Would also be interested in a required hack at abaldwin@des-champs.com

What is the error that you are getting when connecting?

Andy

Andy Baldwin

Thanks for the help, Don and Chad. To my chagrin I find that I've been using the wrong name for the table: it is APTRXDST not APTRXDIS. Why ACCESS and Xtal Reports worked was that I was dragging the table from a list rather than typing the wrong name in. APTRXDST behaves normally when I use ADO now.
To Don: The APDISFIL does not have some of the details my client needs when a voucher makes several distributions to the same account---he needs to see the individual item numbers----they are on the AP distribution to GL report, but he wanted a quick way to get them into an EXCEL spreadsheet. Thanks again for the quick responses

lol......thats what we would call a bonus (a mess up)......glad you got it fixed.

Anyways....if anyone else want the hack let me know.

Andy....you'll be gettin it soon.....my email is down for maintence right now.

gstrenio,
Just so you dont feel like the Lone Ranger....My favorite mispelled table is IMITMAST_SQL for the item master rather than IMITMIDX_SQL. My mind is thinking and the fingers are not typing what they have been told several times to type.

:) :)

Andy

Andy Baldwin

lol.....same her Andy.....I've done that a few times myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back