Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO and OLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugzLue

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2001
US
I have a Access table that has a column that holds a OLE picture .jpg or .bmp , I set up a form with a ADODB control and when I add a the OLE and try to set the DataSource i get a message as follow:

No compatible data source was found for this control. Please add an intrinsic Data Control or a Remote Data Control to te form.

I would like to get this to work with ADO, I am not sure about.

I need the other text fileds on the form to diplay the correct information wiht the picture.

Thanks for any help Live to learn or die trying

The OLE container control here, which you are using, uses the default data control (Data). Add that to your form and set the connection to it.

Set the DataSource of the OLE container then to Data1. In the form load set the DataSource of the Data control to a Select statement and Refresh the data control, then set the DataField of the OLE control to the field you want.
[sub]General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

In other words: The OLE container control cannot be used with an ADO control and is only compatable with the DAO Data control. There is no problem using this in your project as well. *******************************************************
[sub]General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back