Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrator Profile Disabled - HELLLLLP!!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rulbano

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2001
US
Ok - Here is the scenerio...

A colleague of mine (Not going to mentioned any names - MILSDOG)came to my house and decided to play a trick on me, with one of my desktop pc's. I left my Windows XP Pro desktop open, and he decided to disabled the Admin Profile, and change my profile to regular user settings. Although, I can log into my desktop, I no longer have admin rights, and since he was nice enough to disable my Admin Profile, and cant log on as Administrator.

With the exception of re-installing Windows XP Professional, is there any other way to enable the Admin Profile, and regain full controll of this Desktop? Any, and I mean help will be gracefully appreciated.

Thanks!
rulbano@optonline.net

I thought XP wouldn't allow you to run without at least one Administrator user installed. That being the case, have you tried entry via Safe Mode and used the built-in Administrator to gain access and repair the damage?

Is there a built-n Admin that would work in Safe mode? What he did was do what I mentioned above, logged off, and then log on as me (with a new password). The password is what gave it away, but he never mention about reducing my privileges. So, once I changed my password info, it was all over. I had lost my admin rights. I really dont want to reinstall everything from scratch. I hope there is a way.

Restart to Safe mode using F8. You'll have the option to log on as Administartor. Choose that and go in to control panel and user accpounts and change your user rights.

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
- Jeff Raskin

IT WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU ALL! I went into SAFE MODE, logged as Administrator, and was able to make them changes. Definitely true teamwork at its finest. Thanks again guys!!!

It happened exactly the same with me, and I was just getting desperate! I've just joined this forum and I'll keep coming here. Thanks for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back