Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrator Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

bo5i

Programmer
Jul 22, 2002
US
Hi, Is there a way to retrieve Administrator's password for a metadata. We lost the password. We have a metadata for which Administrator's password is not known to us. Can MSTR tech support figure out if we provide the metadata. Does anyone has any suggestions. It would help us in getting this old project up and running.

Thanks

nope, the passwords have one-way 128bit hash encryption on them. No way to retrieve passwords from metadata, not even using SDK.

I guess it's more secure this way; lest hackers write code to retrieve passwords.

Thanks Nilim, tech support has asked for metadata sothat they can decrypt the password.

hmmm...this seems odd to me that TS has a way to decrypt the Administrator password. Wouldn't it seem more likely that they are going to replace the existing password field with their own "decryptable" password?

One option MicroStrategy doesn't have is the 3-strikes rule for user access...any plans to introduce this? Especially for the web? Or should clients customize their login pages themselves?

I can reset the password for you if you can send me the metadata or provide me some access to the metadata. Let me know.

Contact me at cusemann@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back