Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrator Password Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEd77

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2003
US
I changed the Administrator "User" password on my Windows 2000 server. Veritas would not run once I did that. I changed the password in Veritas, fine.

Now I cannot get "Active Directory Users and Computers" to login to the Domain. Anyone know what is the issue.

I'm trying to run Active Directory from a MMC console. I get the message: "Naming Information Cannot be located because: The Logon attempt failed.

Nothing else on the server has changed. Anyone of you geniuses able to help?

Can you describe your system; how many servers do you have and are they all promo'd to host AD?

First off, saying "Anyone of you geniuses able to help?" is a bit offensive. What if we can't answer your question, are we then not geniuses?

To your question, a simple Google search found me this information: so see if that helps.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Lander, It was meant to be a compliment. You're still geniuses... Even if you can't answer the question. I've gotten so much great advice from this site that I'm trying to let everyone know that I respect their knowledge, and appreciate their help.

I'm not in front of the server right now. But it looks like the link you posted is a great start. Thanks...

Was this resolved as I now have the same error!!
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back