Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrator email

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyBoyRules

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2001
GB
Hi there,
I have setup Exchange Server 2000 but am unable to recieve mail to the administrator account via Pop3.

I know PoP is working as other accounts I have created recieve mail fine.

When recieveing email via Outlook express 6 I get the following message:

The host 'mail.dctnetworks.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Administrator', Server: 'mail.dctnetworks.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I have checked exchange advance, ptotocols, and Pop3 is listed.

I created a bad user and recieved a reply from postmaster on behalf of administrator so I assume the account must be working other than getting it to work with PoP3 in outlook.

Thanks for any further advice,
regards,
Dave....

Forgot to mention with the above, sent test bad email from
a BT account to dctnetorks,so reply went back to BT account also systems account is set to copy bad mail to a dctnetworks account that is working thus I know it came fron postmaster on behalf of administrator.

Hope it all makes sense :)
Dave....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back