Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administrator does not have administrator privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerShaman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2005
US
Hello,
I have an issue while attempting to remote install TrendMicro onto two clients (XP Pro) on one of our networks. I have installed about 60 clients on our other networks just fine. All are 2K3 Server with XP Pro clients.

When I go to install and enter the local admin and password, I get an error that says "Administrator does not have administrator privileges." I attempted using the domain admin, and even created a new local admin with no success. I have tried everything I can think of with no success and seem to have stumped TrendMicro as I have not heard back in the 24 hours they promised.

I am wondering if I need to check the C$ permissions, but I am not sure how to do that. All the message tells me when I try is that it is shared for administrative purposes. The admin is valid and I can do all admin tasks locally that I would expect as an admin, but cannot get past this issue of installing the TrendMicro client from the server.

Thus I come to those who know more than I...

Thank you for any advice!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back