Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

administrative shares are missing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackproof

Programmer
Feb 29, 2004
PH
could someone help me on this, the administrative shares such as ADMIN$, IPC$, C$ are missing from our server. even if i try sharing them again, it goes missing after a while and i dont have any idea why. i have read a lot from microsoft about this issue and it says that a virus or spyware may coz this problem which removes those administrative share. so i tried running our latest anti virus and ad-aware software to detect either one but it detected nothing on our server. i really dont know what to do anymore so could anyone please help me on this. please.

thanks for the info bcastner but i already tried that approach and it still doesnt work. for a while it work but them after a couple of minutes the administative share are missing again. could you give me another way to solve this or tell me why is this happening? i have already installed all the service pack in the server and other security updates but the administrative share are still missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back