Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administration via ethernet????

Status
Not open for further replies.

lschaffer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2004
US
Can anyone tell me if it is feasible to use a pair of serial-to-ethernet adapters (one on the Partner system and one at a remote location across the company WAN attached to a PC) to do remote administration?

Well, if you have a Release 7 or 8, there is the serial Administration port. If you can get the serial to ethernet adapters to talk to each other over the wan, I don't see why not. As long as you're attached to Com 1 or 2 on the admin PC, you would be fine.

Alternatively, how about a PC on site, with a serial port attached to the Admin port, the programming gui loaded on it, and LogMeIn so you can access it from anywhere.

Thank you both. You've clarified for me the functionality of the serial port. Any rumors of Avaya supporting a true Ethernet/WAN-connected admin tool in the future???

well i think the Partner processors are going away and they will be using an IP Office with partner software. then you will have true IP management.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back