Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administiring Groupwise/Netware from a 2003 Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleJHJO

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have always used Netware Administrator 6.0 to add/remove users from my Groupwise/Netware servers from a Win95 workstation.

How do I go about administering these same areas from a Windows XP or 2003 server?

I primarily use the Netware Administrator for Groupwise functions.

We use Netware 6.5 and Groupwise 6.0.

Thanks,
J. Jensen

It's the same idea on XP or 2003. Just map a drive to the server and run either NetWare Administrator or ConsoleOne. I believe you should use ConsoleOne for GroupWise 6.

SYS:pUBLIC\WIN32\NWADMN32.EXE
SYS:pUBLIC\MGMT\CONSOLEONE\1.2\BIN\CONSOLEONE.EXE

Note that with Windows 95, you probably ran a different version, maybe the 16 bit version or \WIN95\ version. Make sure you run the WIN32 version on XP or 2003.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

I tried both applications as you suggested. I received the following errors when running each:

ConsoleOne -
Insufficient rights <title bar>
An unexpected error occurred. Cannot open the registry. Check user rights to the registry.

(As a note, I am a network administrator with full rights on both my workstation and the network)

NWAdmin32.exe -
Unable to locate component <title bar>
This application has failed to start because LOCWIN32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any advice would be most helpful.

Thanks,

J.Jensen

you are in deed correct - version 6 - you shouldnt use nwadmin - it should be c1

i have admittedly only ever seen nwadmin corrupt gwise once but i have never seen c1 do it

Original poster - reply on what happened please. It's nice to close an issue out.

The real problem here is that you don't have the Novell client installed on Windows XP/2003.. WIthout the client, you cannot access eDirectory, which is my you are getting the permission issues and the failure to start locwin32.dll. You need the Novell client and an authenticated connection to eDirectory in order to manage it.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Many thanks to all. I installed the Novell Client and then installed ConsoleOne. NWAdmin runs fine. I am not familiar at all with ConsoleOne. I see my post office and domain, but I am not sure how to administer it or where to find the users within the domain. I can do it through NWAdmin. Is there some sort of snap-in that I need to install for administering the Groupwise domains?

Thanks,

J. Jensen

Please disregard my previous post. I re-read and found the solution that Goombawaho gave was what I needed. It worked flawlessly.

Thanks to all.

J. Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back