Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Administering CLAN-Port for Avaya G3siV9 to use network for remote acc 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gezlee

Vendor
Jul 23, 2002
US
I'm trying to figure out all the fields that I need to access in the PBX to set up the CLAN card to allow login through network rather than modem. Where do I go to input Source IP Address and Broadcast IP?
I would read the manual, but I need a manual to read the manual.

post your email, or send me an email tmckee@triwest.com.

I just added two clans to the network for remote admin, I have a word doc with screen shots i put together that should help.

RTMCKEE

Is your CLAN already integrated with Audix or CentreVu? If so, your system is already administered with an IP address. In that case, you just need to issue "cha ip-ser" and add "sat" as a service. You will need to know what node name is used for the switch. Typically this is "switch" or "definity". On the IP-services form you will administer the service (sat), the port (typically 5111), and the node name (typically "switch" or "definity"). Once you've completed that addministration, you will be able to telnet (or run ASA/DSA) to port 5111. That's it!

Hope this helps!

Hey RTMCKEE, can you send me a copy of that doc showing screen shots for working with CLAN card. Would be much appreciated. awinther@colpenn.com

Hey RTMCKEE, can you send me a copy of that doc showing screen shots for working with CLAN card. I'd like to see if there are any differences for the ones I have.

Thanks
bob.hanson@blueshieldca.com

Well, i tried to make the changes to the IP-serv, and I get the following error.
Must be defined as a valid ethernet link on CLAN.
So I guess I need to remove all the stuff I did before and redo it.

Hmm...

1 - Change ip-int : Define your c-lan
2 - Change node-names ip: define your c-lan
3 - Change ip-serv : Service type=SAT; enabled=y;Local - node= "what you defined in ch node-na ip"; port = normally 5111;remote node=any

Thats really all there is to it...

But I am in a hurry - hope this helps...

Your Audix is currently using CLAN integration correct?

If so, your CLAN is already configured with an IP address. Then the procedure would be just as Bis wrote. If your CLAN is not yet administered, that's a little more complicated, but not hard. Basically, if your switch has a cross-over cable, or is networked to your Audix via ethernet, you are half way there...

Dont forget to add a data connection for the ethernet interface.

Step 3 on the stuff I sent:
Add data 1899
(1899 is the default extension AVAYA uses for this)
Type –ethernet
Port – location of C-Lan board port 17
Link – 1
Name – C-Lan Ethernet Conn.

RTMCKEE

I have a Version 7 of the Definty, and do not have the option to change IP-Services. What do I do instead of that step?

I have setup IP-interface, and the Node-Names. I can ping the IP address, but I cannot find where to set the SAT terminal to point to the new Name. Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you.

Your switch has to be a V9 or later to use the admin via C-LAN feature.

Kevin

There is another alternative for doing network administration of your switch. You can use the aux port of a Cisco router, or you can purchase a single-port device server (terminal server) from CDW ($150). I currently use both methods, and I prefer the aux port method, however the terminal servers work well too. I have created a FAQ titled "Definity LAN access via cisco router AUX port". It should be available to view once it has been reviewed and approved. In the mean time, I can send you a copy if you wish...Just post your address.

Hope this helps!

I have G3 V8 with audix, CLAN Card included.
Is there any way to connect via lan, I saw all the cable port from audix not connect to any device, even LAN (label stick on it) not attached to any cable.

wich port must i use ? I try to conect LAN to my router, with stright or crosscable, still not connect.

Any help will be appreciated,

Jagoan
You need r9 , or up, to do SAT connections,
The ethernet cable on the back of a definity audix, on your release, is only for the message manager application, not for maintenance unfortunately.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back