Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

admincmd directory - where's it come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKoonz

MIS
Apr 15, 2004
US
I have a need to run some Netbackup reporting scripts on a Unix client accessing the Netbackup-Master-Server on a Windows box. How do I get the admincmd directory (along with the bperror cmd) on the client box.
Since the Master uis Windows and I'm a unix-script-man, I'm hoping I can do what I want. Run scripts against all clients from a single client. Yes / No / Maybe ?

You can manually create the directory or directories that you need. The need to reside in netbackup/logs. There is a script already there that you can sinply execute but it will create all the log directories and I generally only use a few so I just create those few that I need. If the directory is there, it will log, if not = No logging.

You could try installing the MKS toolkit or U-Win32 on the windows master. These tools place a ksh environment onto windows so you can script using *nix scripting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back