Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin2 locked out?? OVL428

Status
Not open for further replies.

absinthium

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
AU
Help,

I was logged into the system (CS1KE 5.0) as admin2 and printed some reports. I then put the wrong password into OrderPro and now I can't login. I have waited the maximum 4.5hrs for the FLTH.

I get OVL111 IDLE 0, then when I <cr> to get a login prompt, I login with admin2, but it keeps giving me OVL428 and boots me out after displaying the login banner.

I have tried combinations of UPPERCASE and lowercase for everything with no luck.

I havent ever received an OVL400 so I don't know if it is locked out. I have tried to login on TTY 4/5 (cable from CPPM) and PTY 13/14. The customer does not have the admin1 password.

Will a password reset fix this? How do I know if the account is locked out or the TTY's?

Any help would be great!!

Cheers,

J

A couple of points, firstly every time you attempt to login it resets the lockout timer. secondly have you tried upper case, if its release 4.5 or higher Ive had issues with systems only accepting upper case.

Resets the lockout timer after every attempt??? Really.... Well that's spiffing.

I have tried uppercase combos with no luck.

How can I know for sure that the account is locked out?

Its not the account that 'locks out', its the port, you should be able to login using your admin2 login on a different port even if the original port is still locked out.

Ok, then that's where it gets weird. I have tried to log into other ports with the same result. I have tried 4 different TTY ports (2 pseudos) and they all give me OVL428 and I am dead certain of the username and password combo.

Will an INI reset the port?
If the port was locked out, wouldn't I get an OVL400 or something?

Show us the display with what you are typing and the response. (dont give away your password but you know what I mean)

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Here is what I see...

TTY 04 SCH MTC TRF BUG OSN 12:47
OVL111 IDLE 0
>logi admin2
PASS? ----> here I am typing the password
OVL428

TTY 04 SCH MTC TRF BUG OSN 12:47
OVL111 IDLE 0
>
The software and data stored on this system are the property of,