Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin verses Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnt30

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
US
I am dialing in remotely to a MICS with XC ver 3 software. Once into the system, I find many prompts missing. Example: Under the LINES prompt, I only find NAME. Nothing else. Or under Terminals & Sets, there is no Line Access info. There is no MAINT header either. I had the customer try it from an onsite phone and he showed the same thing. This site was installed by a company that the customer no longer wants to do business with. Even though I am using CONFIG to get into it, does anyone think the installer might have changed levels and I am really entering a lower class admin level and can't see everything?? Any clue how to change this if that is the case?? I am not sure what prompts would be missing if I am not at top level entry. Thanks for any feedback.

You are definitely in a lower level of access. I've run into this before where the installer changed the level 2 password from ADMIN to CONFIG. Sneaky Bast...

You can reset through the RAD but you must local and on site. Or you can follow this FAQ

I dont think FAQ debug will work- no code for MICS 3.
You say you are dialing in, so I am guessing RAD/remote set. Cant you get some browser access with the NRU (instead of remote set)- then you would see the passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back