Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin Tool for CUCM -

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglis

MIS
Nov 14, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a 3rd party software that can assist with administrative changes for CUCM 6.0? I'm looking for a simple GUI to allow site admins access to update phones, names, etc. without them having to use the Cisco web admin tool.

This may sound stupid to some of you and I agree. (Just learn how to navigate through the web admin). But I've been asked by management to see if there are simpler, easier to use and understand tools out there.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ken

Umm... why not set up MLA(Multi Level Access) with their AD log in, set up a group that can only do what you want them to (change phones and probably users as well) and then assign that group to their AD accounts.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

What he said ^^^^^^

We havent encorporated AD but we have MLA set up and an ICT Service Desk on a basic level of Admin and then we have a level 2 with more functionality then the Full access users.
Overall about 20 staff have some sort of access.
Don't know about you but we did this because management brought in a "Lean Systems Thinking" system.

Thank you both. We already have that set up and it works well. The unfortunate part is that my management wants a simpler GUI for making changes so less training for the site admins is required. I'm not sure where to look.

I don't think you will find a simpler GUI to administer a CISCO call manager than the one that CISCO already provides. Does the team that administers the system thinks the gui is too hard or does the mgmt team think that?

My point is that you need to understand the fundamentals of the system and how all is intertwined together. If you do not there is no interface that would do that for you.
Even with a "simpler gui" the admins will need to understand what they need to do to make a change and how that change may affect the user.

there are courses out there that will provide basic administration training for call manager and unity at the same time, without going into design or architecture at all. Just basic everyday helpdesk type functions. You could look into that.

The only system out there that would remotely help configure the CUCM would be a Cisco Provisioner, but from what I understand that is just a way of setting templates so that the helpdesk personnel can go in and just insert names, DN, and mac address and it fills in the rest... But I could have a complete misunderstanding of the tool and it does not seem to be something you would really use for minor changes...

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back