Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin Rights Problem. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello good day,

I move to a new company without an old it guy without a proper turnover, so my problem is every computer have a admin rights when i install a software.
It keeps asking me for an admin account but the problem is i don't have access to a admin account. Anyone can assist me on how can i fix this?|||

Thanks

Can you reset the machine to original factory state or is there too much on it?

Look up the sticky keys trick if you need to keep everything as it is.

@xwb I already try to reset using windows repair but still it keeps asking me for the password

If the computers are part of a network you will need access to an admin account. If they are standalone there are ways to break in as an admin user. the hint that xwb above will work. take his suggestion and google on "windows sticky key trick" and enjoy

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

Hi,
Maybe you just call the old IT-guy and ask him for the passwords. He might still have all the necessary information. At least was he supposed to return them to the company when leaving (this is not ONLY a technical matter but also a legal one).
hth
MK

This is a good lesson for any company with an IT person. Make them create and update documentation continually so that if they need to be fired or if the fall into a hole, you have 95% current information in a document. It should be kept where someone in management can access it easily.

I had one of my supervisors say, "You guys keep these documents here and you keep them up to date. If I decide to test on of these user names/passwords and it doesn't work, someone is getting fired. While not the friendly way to do things, this makes it very clear of the importance of documenting the IT environment.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Good Idea but the problem is no one of his colleague have a contact, they have but all deactivate or can't be reach.
He just runaway from the company that's why :(

Yes every company should aware of this situation specially the admin, Even the I.T Guys we have 10 code of ethics we should be professional because we handle the whole system.

I have problem even routers, printer admins, servers are wrong passwords I can reset those passwords but this is a big trouble if I can reset specially the routers. Maybe there's some configurations for cctv and vps also for voip.

He just runaway from the company that's why
Must have been a bad environment for employees if they're running away like convicts escaping a prison.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back