Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin privileges for XPe

Status
Not open for further replies.

miryam

Technical User
Apr 12, 2007
US
I have a thin client running XPe (embedded). I need it to handle my magicJack VIOP setup so I don't have to leave my main computer turned on 24/7. Plugging magicJack into my laptop was a breeze, but it won't run on the thin client. I'm sure everything's plugged in correctly.

I think the problem is that magicJack needs to put something in the thin client's flash memory and I don't have admin privileges to let this happen.

Do you know how I can get to the privileges are of Windows XPe? The folks at magicJack have been eager to help, but I'm not sure they know what I'm talking about when I ask this.

TIA, naturally
Miryam

Do you have Security Tabs on Embedded XP, does it have a Safe Mode option for accessing Security Tabs, or options for turning off simple file sharing in any Folder Options/ View?

Obviously, I have never used Embedded XP else I wouldn't be asking these questions.

XPe Questions And Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back