Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin Button on 1416 set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timb58470

Technical User
Feb 13, 2012
CA
-I've checked a couple of phone admin guides and for the 1416 set it says to press the "Admin" button on the set and scroll down to system administration. i am connected to port 1-ext10-of the IPO but I can't find the admin button. I"m assuming that it is the menu button, but pressing it leads me nowhere. What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance,
Tim

phone admin user level 2

self admin button also set to level 2

should give you what you need

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Thanks montyzummer. I found the Self Admin button but how do you set it to level 2? Also, will that let me reset passcodes and change names, and system time and date?

Set the system phone rights on the user tab of the user to level 2.

Open up manager and go to the help and search for "System Phone Features" it'll tell you all about it.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

Thank you AACon. I know how to set level 2 in the user tab of the user's phone rights.
I thought the last reply said there was level 2 programming in the user's
Button programming section for the self administer button as well.
Ultimately what I'm looking for is how to reset pass codes and do minor program
Changes through a 1416 set. The customer does not have or want the IPO on their network.

yeah you won't really be doing that type of stuff through a phone. If they don't want it on the network, tell them not to expect immediate support. Or setup a dialin connection.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

Indeed, you can't do programming through a handset, so no network means no changes and no support, unless as mentioned you have ISDN dial in :)

Untitled-1.png

Or go to R8 in muppet mode and do basic admin changes via handset...............look forget i even said that seriously

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back