Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin audit trail (Need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpaters

MIS
Jun 24, 2000
US
Is there a way to log when an admin opens a users inbox when the admin is not the owner of the mailbox but has permissions to access it. I need a way to track when admins open other users mailboxes.

thanks to all,

there must be a log that tracks access of each mailbox....i am looking for it now as well, as i need to see who has been accessing a certain mailbox at what times.

I have been trying to find out for 2000/2003 but have not been able to confirm this yet.

I will update the thread if I can find the answer.

ok, did some research. It seems in exch 2k, logging for this isnt turned on by default. You have to go into ESM, right click on server, properties, diagnostics logging, MSExchangeIS, and turn on at least minimum logging on access control and logons. Soon as I did that, check the application log on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back