Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adjusting time before being logged out to User logon menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamo99

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
CA
I'm running XP Pro Full version here. I have 3 user accounts set up. WHen a user is logged in, and if there is no activity for some time, XP goes back to the multi-User login screen. Does anyone know where to make the adjustment to increase the time it takes to do this, so I don't have to keep loggin back in every 10 minutes?

Thanks in advance,

JM

Thanks.. I've looked in this area before but can find nothing that shows this time adjustment..

This is probably a function of the screen saver.

You have enabled - On resume, password protect.

Found on:

Display Properties > Screen Saver(tab)
The two rules for success are:
1. Never tell them everything you know.

No, I don't think it's the screensaver. I run webshots as a screensaver, and even before it starts (set for 15 minutes), Xp will just log the current user out to the user login menu where there are 4 users to select from.
Jim

I know of no other way for you to be logged off.

The setting isn't a function of the screen saver itself it is a setting on the screen saver tab right next to the Wait setting in the middle of the dialog box.
The two rules for success are:
1. Never tell them everything you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back