Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adjustable video Gamma via desktop shortcuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroLT

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
CA
Don't get me wrong, I love my nVidia, but one thing that the AMD Catalyst drivers have over my GTX970 is that the Catalyst allows for me to have multiple profiles of Gamma+RGB levels. When working nights, I click a shortcut and all 4 monitors dim. When working days, I click another shortcut and the displays all go bright. The nVidia drivers do allow for gamma adjustment, of course, but, doesn't seem to have an export function so that I can click and the monitors follow suit to whatever profile I want.

I've not been able to find an application that replicates this. I've found programs that do a one-time adjustment, with all the fancy graphs and "Can you see me now?" grey text, but, I'm not overly concerned whether I can or not, just that I want the display dimmed for whatever reason.

Does anyone know how of a program or application, or how I can link into Win7 to control the gamma scheme?

-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=-=*=
NEVER send the boss to do a techs job

Not the answer you are looking for, but look up f.lux

Thanks. I've installed it and will give it a try.

I'm also going to see if I can hunt up some code examples that'll let me directly control the gamma via gdi32.dll or something like that. I just need to figure out how to convert C# to Pascal and get FPC to do what I want. :]

After a couple of days, I was about to uninstall this app as I found the color changing to be more annoying than anything. But then I found a keyboard combo that does the gamma change without color change. So I configured the software to keep things at "sunlight" levels all the time, and when I want to adjust the gamma, a few presses of ALT-PGUP/DN and I'm golden. Good enough for me, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back