Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aditional slot on NetWorker Operations GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasK

Technical User
Jun 7, 2000
CR
I have a STK L700 library with DLT8000 and SDLTs. When I configure NetWorker to use only the DLT8000 everything works fine. But if I mix the two types of media, the NetWorker Operations tools will show an extra slot on the Jukebox Operations window. So, if I use this tool to mount a tape and try to mount, let's say, tape on slot 2, it actually mounts tape on slot 1.
This aditional slot is always showed on top of the list of slots. And the pool for this slot is ----- instead of a real pool name, and the volume is the address (rd=server:\\.\tape0) of a tape instead of a valid volume name (vol00001).

I read from an article of Legato that mixed media can be used on a jukebox, but I haven't found anything about such an error on the Operations tool.

Do I need to configure an autochanger for each set of media ??

Thanks

Officially, mixed media in one jukebox is NOT supported without the usuage of AlphaStor. However, from the manual pages, it seems to be possible as long as you
- assign devices to pools
Of course you must not mix media types!
- do not use automatic labeling
- do not use the default pool (as you can not assign any device)

However, i do not have any idea why you see the additional slot. I think the best would be to run an inventory and, worst-case, a re-configuration. Unfortunately, you can not configure a 'partial jukebox'.

But i don't know whether this will really help.

Use tapes and inquire command to list your devices, reconfigure the tape library, use nsrjb -HEvvv to reset it.
Appreas that networker is getting confused.
Disable any divices you do not use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back