Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Addtron ADR-E200P Reset??

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvtohurt

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2001
US
Can someone tell me how to Reset the ADR-E200P router. I forgot my password and I can't login the configuration page so I must reset the system to default.

Isn't that fun! I have had mine for 3 years now and thank goodness I haven't had any problems until this weekend. My daughter gave me a new wireless router and notepad card. Card turned out to be bad and couldnot get my addtron to work. Couldn't get in either until I found the right computer that had been used to change the password last time. The manual is on the installation CD but it was no help. Bottom line - getting in to the configuration file still would not get me back to the internet. I'm back to using wireless router but with all cat 5 wiring. Sorry.

Tex

1. Remove all cables from the Router including the power supply.

2. Depress the Uplink switch so it is in the down position.

3. Use a regular Ethernet cable to connect Port 1 with Port 4.

4. Re-insert the power supply and wait for 5 seconds or until the Self Test
light goes off.

5. The Router is now reset to factory default.

default username is root and blank password

does anyone know the default IP address of the Addtron
adr-e200p router? I was given a used one but no cd - just the router itself. thanks

I tried using the method above to reset the router to its default settings and default password but it didnt work. I still can't login into the control panel of the router.
Would there be any other way?

The defaut ip address of the router is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

thnks.

Well, I guessed right - those were the addresses I tried too but no luck, even after reset. Got a Netgear router that works but wanted to try the Addtron for a backup. I tried to use Telnet in a command prompt window which works with a Cayman router I have but that didn't work either. The Addtron came from a friend who does pc support too. I'll see if he remembers what the deal is with this router. Will post if I get anything.
tks

Ok I just read the manual. The default IP is 192.168.1.1 and the username must be "root" (without quotes ofcourse) and the password is to be left blank.
If this does not help then you also need to reset your router to default which Im trying to figure out.
Good luck.

as far as i know you need the reset file to reset the addtron e200p router. If ANYONE has it please please send it to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back