Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADDS 4000/260 configuration on SCO 5.07

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyedoc1975

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
Friends,
We are using WYSE 325 colour terminals on serial network
I would like to replace one of this with LCD monitor using
ADDS 4000/260 console for communication with the main server. I can not find any documentation to configure this.
Company that made this is no longer in the buisness.ADDS
4000/260 do support SCO unix. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Not exactly sure of the question... but here goes...

You want to replace a serial terminal with another...?
The ADDS terminal supports a number of the common emulations wy50/60 ,vt 100,220,320, ansi ...etc

it probably won't show the same colour schemes as the 325 emulation but depending on the application it should work fine.

We are using ADDS 4000/260LFC's on SCO 5.07.

I assume you are using the 4000/260LFC's rather than the 4000/260's (the 260's have a monitor built-in whereas the 260/LFC's require you to attach your own VGA monitor).

The terminal has a "SCO Console" emulation and it works.

Dear rearl306,
Thank you for your post and URL for the service manual.It was of great help.
I was trying to use wyse 325 emulation but it was not
working. SCO console emulation solved the problem.
I was using 4000/260 LFC's to replace Wyse 325 terminal
using LCD monitor.
I am using back-up utility called Back-up Edge. When I tried to access this utility from above monitor, I get into the program file instead of the application screen. I am not sure why? Any suggestion?. I can access BackupEdge from main
console without any problem.
Thank you again for the help
Sincerely,
Eyedoc1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back