Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Fields Won't Display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrWolf

MIS
Mar 19, 2001
I'm trying to run a single formula to put all of my address lines together to eliminate blank rows on my report. The problem is that even though data appears in formulas with just the single field listed it does not in the formula below. I just get no value.

Help please.

WhilePrintingRecords;
shared StringVar strQuoteFor;
strQuoteFor = {rptQuote.OrganizationName} & chr(13) & chr(10);
strQuoteFor = strQuoteFor & {rptQuote.Address1};
strQuoteFor

OrWolf,

Your "=" needs to be ":=" to assign the value to the variable. "=" is used to test the value and ":=" to assign the value.

WhilePrintingRecords;
shared StringVar strQuoteFor;
strQuoteFor := {rptQuote.OrganizationName} & chr(13) & chr(10);
strQuoteFor := strQuoteFor & {rptQuote.Address1};
strQuoteFor

Andy

In Crystal 10, there is a simpler methods. Create a text item, and put the individual address lines into it. Right-click to get the Format Editor for the Text Box. On the 'Common' tab, there is an option to suppress embedded field blank lines, which will get blanks. Best also to include Can Grow to include very long addresses.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back