Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address concatenation in Access Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

O2BNSV

Technical User
Jun 29, 2006
US
I am new to using Access. I am creating what should be an easy report based on a query. In the query SQL view, I combine last name and first name by (lastname&", "&first name) which works fine. However, when I try to use (city&", "&state&" "&zip), I am prompted to enter the city, state and zip before the report will refresh. I then ungrouped the city, state and zip in the SQL view and tried to create a calculated field on the report using the same statement I entered above and once again, I received the prompt. Why is it doing this. Additionally, how can I concatenate the city, state zip into one field without getting this prompt? FYI - this is a single table database.

You will be prompted if any of the fields are not recognized. Are you sure there are fields called City, State, and Zip in your underlying query/table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back