Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

piwadmin

MIS
Jul 25, 2002
US
I have a user who is unable to connect to the global address list (GAL). She is a member and has an account, I can send messages to her and she is listed in the GAL when I send messages to her. How do I manually reconnect her to the GAL? Thanks for the help.

Do you have other users who are able to access the GAL? Have you confirmed that her network login & password matches the ID setup in the AD? Is she able to see the shared folders from Outlook (eg, can she see other Exchange 2000 resources)?

Everyone else can use the GAL and I have verified her password on AD. She is able to connect to exchange server but not see any of the resources. I’ve tried uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling it but it uses the previous information and I’m not sure where to delete this info in the registry. Any other suggestions?

Check the security permissions thru the Exchange System Manager. Look under recipients>all global address lists>(whatever you've named you're default address list). Right-click to go to properties>click on security tab>advanced>authenticated users. Click on "View/Edit" Ensure that all security permissions assigned to Authenticated Users allow the "Open Address List" option. Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back