Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Book View Permissions problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2001
I am trying to implement Address Books views in a Exch5.5 SP4 Site. It appears that the Inherited permissions are not working and won't allow me to create a Address book view. In RAW mode the heuristic bit is set to "0". I can't change it to "1" to allow the inherited permissions since there is a user account already listed with explicit "Search" Only permissions so my service account is getting denied. I have read the knowledge base articles( Q282184 ) but have not seen an answer on how to get back permissions for this. Any ideas would be appreciated?

My apologies. I asked the question above without searching through all the previous threads. Big mistake. Anyway the problem is fixed. I used DSAMAIN.exe sp3 to correct the issues.

thanks,

I have the same or similar problem.
I cannot add change any address book views.
I am running 5.5 on w2k with sp4.
It was running okay until I was adding and removing views.
(took over system, newbie:()
I seem to have broken the perms on the address book views.
I cannot change any settings even as the service account and in raw mode.
I cannot see or understand what you found to help you.
Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

James,

Could you please enumerate more on the solution (using DSAMAIN.exe sp3??) that you found?
I have a similar situation where SP4 was applied and I was sing only inherited permissions so right now. no one has any permissions to make folder changes in the adress book views.

any info is greatly appreciated.
THX!
DuaneN

I seem to have the same problem and I have found no solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back