Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Address Book in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcdevit

Technical User
Jan 10, 2001
US
My address book comes from my contacts list. The problem I am having is that I like to open the address book and select the addressees, but the address book only provides names in the format of "first name and last name" which requires me to search by first name. I have changed the way the names are presented in the contacts folder "last name, first name" and ensured the email name is listed in the same fashion. I know all I have to do is type the last name in the to/cc/bc lines to get the proper email address, but I prefer to do it from the address book. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Go into Tools, then Services, then Outlook Address Book. Click Properties, then you'll se two radio buttons - one shows last name first. Check that one. Viola! You may have to log out of Outlook and back in in order for these changes to take place.

+Melanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back