Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AddNew Error still bugging me - can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHadden

Programmer
May 13, 2001
I am in a pickle. I constantly get the error message UpDate or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit. The trouble is that I can’t figure out why. There is no rhyme or reason. I haven’t changed my code, and I only get this message on certain customers. Some changes are made with no problem, then others generate this error message. I would post the code, but it ends up as about 15 printed pages. I have checked the help files, the FAQ’s and checked Microsoft’s website for any bug reports, but can find no answer to my problem. I know this is pretty vague, but I don’t have much more to add to clarify my problem. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
TIA,
Michael
MichaelHadden@AltaVista.Com
If you give someone a fish, you have given them a meal. If you teach someone to fish, you have given them MANY meals!

Are you able to simply paste the section of code where the error is occuring?
What exactly are you trying to do when this error happens? Add new records or update??

You may find it might have something to do with the relationships you have established between the tables. I know I was having a similar problem in VB and when I changed the relationships so Cascade delete and update were removed, things seemed to improve. I hope this helps :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back