Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additonal parameter values are needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpurcel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
US
After updating Crsytal Reports 2008 with the latest service pack I am getting a new message when saving my reports that says "Additonal parameter values are needed before this report can be saved or viewed with data".

This happens AFTER the report has run and generated new data and I click the SAVE button. Then I have to again select the parameters I have already selected before running the report and tell it not to generate the data before saving.

I don't understand why this is happening (other than it's a new feature from the upgrade) and I find it very annoying to have to repeat steps I have already done every time.

Anyone know what's driving ths or what the work around is?

Thanks!

If you have page n of m, try running report to last page and saving.

Ian

Please see Ken Hamady's comments on this issue: thread149-1636190. It looks like SP3 might create some problems. There have also been issues with dynamic parameters with SP3, I believe.

-LB

Thanks Ian & LB. I appreciate the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back