Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additional Paging Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antaew

Technical User
Aug 31, 2012
US
All;
I have a G700 that already has overhead paging set-up. In order to add another Paging zone, can i just add a 2nd paging group? Is there any additional equipment needed? Please advise.

I don't know much about overhead paging but as an alternative you can add a group-page in addition to the overhead paging.
You could do a command: list group-page to see if you have groups already setup.
Then change group-page x
Add in the extensions in the zone you like and assign an extension to dial for paging.
When you dial the extension to page, it will activate the speakerphones of the phones in the group-page list, and announce your page.
If there are more than 32 phones in the zone, you could add in every other extension. Usually group-pages are pretty loud and you don't have to add every single phone in the area.

Thanks for the information..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back