Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additional features when upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cholbro

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
When upgrading an Octel 250 from load 2.3.3.1 to the latest load which I believe is 3.11 do you get any additional features? or is there any advantage to this? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded a file to the yahoo groups at

it is a feature list by software level. We can't upload files to this site and i have been told by the tek-tips people not to post my email or ask for anyones email so i can send info to them. you will need to join the group to access the file.

There are some nice new features in the 3.11 but if you are going to do this i would get the velocity upgrade or as they are calling it now the E business upgrade as it turns on all of the hours and many feature bits.

Ken Means

Ken thanks for the features at a glance! What do you mean by turning on all the hours? Is there a way to see what feature bits I already have turned on? Because I think I already have all feature bits turned on.

in menu 13-7 any feature with a y to the left of it is turned on. as far as the hours go you have x number of hours and with the e business you get all 900 hours turned on

Ken Means

It looks like I have a lot of the feature bits turned on...is there a list I can look at to see a description of the ones I don't have turned on? Also where can I verify 900 hours? Thanks again Ken.

Ken I am having a hard time posting my screen shots. The feature I do not have turned on are as follows: 8,17,23,33,37,43,55,57,59,62,36,38,42,58,60,74,and 75. Are any of these worth having turned on. My minutes are 495 and I have 63% free so I may be okay. Thanks again.

If you upgrade you will get 75 turned on as well as 33 75 will let you use mailbox manager that will come with the upgrade it is a gui based tool to add and delete mailboxes it is pretty good.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back