Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Additional Email Addresses not it Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

flushie86

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2004
US
When I attempt to email a group of people, using Outlook or Aliant(local telephone company and ISP), I get error saying the email couldn't be delievered to one of the addresses. When I look at the address it is neither in my address book or in the group of emails I requested. So I decided to add the email addresses individually, and I got the same address added and the same error. Confused, I did an adware scan found about 800 items. I retried the email same problems. Scan with Norton and it found no viruses, retried the email again the same error. I then used an online virus scanner, pandasoftware.com, it found 5 viruses and repaired them all. I tried the email and it worked until yesturday. I found the same error with the same email to the same group of people. I rescaned the computer with pandasoftware and it found nothing. Because of this I am a little puzzeled as to what the problem is. Any suggestions ?

If you hadn't mentioned the virus part, I would have suspected a corrupt nickname cache. What version of Outlook are you using?

I was using the Outlook Express that came with XP. It's version 6.00.2800.1106(xpsp1.020828-1920).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back