Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Addition of user from Domain to Admin group on workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexschmidt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2003
ZA
I need to add a user from a domain to an admin group on the workstation.

The domain machine runs W2k Server & uses DHCP and the workstation runs W2k Pro.

My domain name is Eish.inter and on MY NETWORK PLACES is Eishdb.

Now, when I use Eishdb I can join the Domain and use the account I created on the server to log on. But when I use Eish.inter, I get the error message 'Eish.inter Domain doesn't exist or not accesable'. After using Eishdb to join when I check the domain there lies Eish.inter.

Fine, but when I want to add this account to admin group having logon as administrator of the worksation I can select Eish.inter from the dropdown and select the account I want to add. When I want to add this account to the Admin Group that blobulous error pops up.

DC IP ADD : 10.130.1.230
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.224
Default Gateway : 10.130.1.225
Preferred DNS : 10.135.220.11

Initially this was the only domain providing access to Active Directory we had and I could add users, but the IP Address of this DC was change.

Check the DNS entries for the DC. Make sure the Host/PTR/SRV records reflect the new IP address specified for the DC.

Hewissa

MCSE, CCNA, CIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back