Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding wireless router and need to isolate from exsisting LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
I have a conference comming up. I have exsisting wireless access on my network, but it authenticates with IAS server, you need domain username to even connect. I am required to offer open wireless access, but keep conference traffic off our Corp LAN subnet.

I've got a Linksys WRT54G router, which I would like to configure and add to the existing network, but keep this network isolated.

Current Network is as follows:

pc(10.0.0.X) <--> HP Procurve 2650 <--> Cisco2651(10.0.0.1) <--> Netscreen 5GT(10.0.0.2) <--> ISP router (12.345.678.912)

I'm not even sure where to start. I can configure the Linksys with a Static WAN IP that fits into the LAN subnet and get internet acess, but I then (if I'm smart enought) to see the LAN subnet addresses.

I thought about setting up a VLAN in my HP Procurve... not sure how. I thought about setting up routes/subnets in the Cisco 2651...again unsure.

Can someone offer me advice on how to config?

Mark C.

Your ISP router; is it handing out Public IPs or dynamic private addressing on the LAN?

If you could configure the Linksys between the ISP Router and the Netscreen, that would fully protect you LAN Network behind the Netscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back